What are cookies?
An HTTP cookie, commonly referred to simply as a “cookie”, is a packet of information sent from a web server to an Internet browser, such as Internet Explorer, Microsoft Edge, Safari, Opera, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, etc., and then this is returned by the browser every time it accesses this server. A cookie remains in your device for use in the next session, and it can be deleted in the meantime. In case you use more than one browser, each of them has a separate space for storing cookies. Cookies do not apply to a person, but to a combination of device and Internet browser. Therefore, a person who uses multiple browsers and / or devices has a separate set of cookies for each device and browser combination. On the other hand, cookies do not differentiate between multiple users sharing the same device and browser, unless they have different user profiles.
Cookies perform many different functions. For example, they help us remember your username or preferences and analyze how well our sites perform.
Types of cookies that TopSkills Ltd. uses and their purpose:
- Functional cookies: used to maintain user preferences between sessions for convenience and usability.
- custid – internal for e-TopSkills Ltd customer number. They are used to direct to the last visited profile in e-TopSkills Ltd (if the user has rights to several registrations).
- lang – code of the interface language settings. Used to save language settings between user sessions.
- startpage_bg: number – changes on each page visited from the site and aims to check where the user came to this page.
- symfony – a randomly generated string of characters and numbers – valid only for the specific visit (deleted after closing the browser). Analysis of the attendance within the specific session.
- third party – TopSkills Ltd. uses and / or allows the use of third party cookies (Google analytics and Facebook) on its sites that fall into the above categories.
What data do we collect?
Other information collection mechanisms.
We may use other standard technologies such as pixel tags (Facebook, Google) and other web beacons (“web beacons”, “cookies”) to track how you use our websites and promotions or we may allow Third Parties – Providers services to use these codes on our behalf. Pixel tags and other web beacons are small graphic images located on parts of our web pages or in our emails and allow us to know if you have performed a particular action. When you access or open these pages or click on an email, pixel tags or other web beacons send a notification (which does not contain personal information) of this action. Pixel tags allow us to understand users, calculate and segment visitor traffic, measure conversions on our web pages, and retarget ads. We may also use pixel tags and other web beacons provided by our Affiliates and / or Marketing Partners for the same purposes.
When you visit our websites, we and / or our authorized Third Party Service Providers and Advertisers may automatically collect such information through the use of electronic tools such as cookies and other internet markings “web beacons” or indication “tag” in pixels.
We may use third-party cookies to help us research the market, track revenue, improve functionality, and monitor compliance with our policies.
How to turn off cookies?
All modern browsers allow you to change cookie settings. You can usually find these settings in your browser’s “options” or “preferences” menu. To be aware of these settings, the following links can help you or you can use the “Help” button on your browser’s menus for more details:
- Cookies in Google Chrome
- Cookies in Mozilla Firefox
- Cookies in Microsoft Internet Explorer
- Cookies in Apple Safari / iOS
If you are most concerned about third-party advertising cookies generated by advertisers, you can turn them off here: Your Online Choices site.
Please note that if you choose to disable cookies, some sections of our sites and / or software platforms may not work properly.
The cookies we use may collect information about your IP address and your e-mail that we do not provide to third parties.