Our client provides secure global connectivity, improving network performance and agility for your people, places, applications, and clouds.Our client operate a global Tier 1 internet network and provide a comprehensive suite of cloud networking and managed solutions that utilize advanced software-defined networking and security technologies.
This role is responsible for supporting the group accounting team, with a current focus on the re-implementation of ASC 842 lease accounting. This role will provide accurate financial data to support business decisions through the recording of these transactions to the general ledger for review, reconciliation, reporting, and analysis while ensuring the proper policies and controls are in place. Accountable for the preparation and reporting of the consolidated financial statements under GAAP / IFRS.
The ideal candidate would be used to working a way that is consistent with our clients employee values:
• Curious – Take a pro-active interest in your customer and your colleagues.
• Collaborative – We work as a team to solve customer problems.
• Committed – We step up and take ownership to deliver on our promises.
• Consistent – We strive to deliver a quality experience.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual reconciliations pertaining to leases, asset retirement obligations, and other assigned areas
• Prepare month-end close activities, including calculations, associated journal entries and other relevant documentation for assigned areas
• Build accurate compilation, analysis, and reporting of financial data, and proposing recommendations on possible courses of action
• Document and ensure appropriate controls are in place throughout areas of accounting responsibilities
• Perform analytical review of lease related balances and provide balance sheet account movements to support cash flow reporting
• Review complex transaction activity for technical accounting, with an emphasis on ASC 842
• Review and input new and modified lease contracts within the lease accounting system
• Prepare audit ready documentation and participate in audit coordination for assigned areas
• Assist in the development, implementation and maintenance of lease processes, procedures, policies and systems to ensure compliance with GAAP and company policy
• Proficiency with accounting systems and Microsoft Excel
• Experience with Visual Lease a plus
• Knowledge of GAAP, IFRS guidelines and ASC 842
• Strong analytical thinking, problem solving, and organizational skills
• Strong attention to detail
• Time management skills / ability to prioritize workload
• Strong lease and general ledger accounting skills
• Experience in the telecommunications industry preferred
• Clear oral and written communication skills
• Demonstrates initiative, resourcefulness, and self-motivation
• University degree required with a preference in Finance or Accounting
• CPA or equivalent preferred
• Big 4 experience or equivalent role/experience within a U.S. public company
• 3-5 years of accounting work experience
• Continuous Improvement: Knowledge of transformation initiatives to drive fundamental changes, enhance responsiveness and efficiency to core business practices. Ability to drive cultural changes from best effort to results oriented.
• Customer First (Non-Customer Facing): Knowledge of internal customer interactions, creating a culture of accountability, collaboration, and partnership. Ability to build an environment supporting internal customer value creation at every level.
• Operational Excellence: Understanding the system-driven processes for consistency and scalability. Ability to re-focus processes and systems from integration activity to maximizing a positive customer impact and anticipating future trends.
License for recruitment for Bulgaria: № 2399 / 15.11.2017.
License for administration and protecion of personal data issued: № 432025 / 23.10.2017