Our client provides secure global connectivity, improving network performance and agility for people, places, applications, and clouds.
We are currently looking for a Technical Manager to join their team and collaborate with the Technical Management team.
Interacts with Sales, Field, and Central Operational teams to ensure the highest quality in the delivery and support of customer service solutions.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Delivering Professional Services engagements in line with an agreed scope to the acceptance of the client.
• Enhancing the client experience by displaying flexibility, technical excellence, agility, ownership, and responsibility.
• Becoming an invaluable partner to the client.
• Design bespoke customer network models, review and approve advanced (software-defined) networking configurations, and be personally involved in the first deployments of the solution as well as in the proof of concepts.
• Be engaged in the pre-sales process, supporting the sales engineer with positioning the right solution to the customer.
• Monitor industry networking updates, technologies, and best practices to improve overall network management and to remain informed of new technical developments and trends in the industry.
• Produce and endorse technical standards, reference architecture, deployment guides, and technology roadmaps in close collaboration with product management. Create technical documentation, and update standards and guidelines.
• Owning the customer solution lifecycle from the initial customer order onwards, highlighting and managing risks, issues, and the changing requirements of the solution as needed.
• Ensuring that the customer solution is accurately recorded in systems and documentation.
• Taking the technical lead on Capacity Management, including reporting.
• Assisting in the creation of service reports and attending regular service review meetings as and when required.
• Being the customer’s advocate in all technical matters related to their solution.
• Acting as a primary technical interface to customers for addressing high-level concerns on operational performance and for interpreting their change requirements into standard orders or where unavoidable creating customer-specific environments to satisfy such requirements.
• The Technical Manager needs to be able to understand the business processes of our customers and transform them into services based on GTT’s infrastructure and service catalog.
• Ensuring that the services we deliver meet the agreed service levels and that we have the necessary IT service management processes OLA’s and contracts with 3rd parties in place.
• Regular attendance at customer locations.
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in the industry.
• Demonstrable experience in working autonomously in a multi-vendor enterprise-scale environment. Working knowledge and/or general understanding of technology methodologies such as ITIL.
• Knowledge and working experience in:
• OSPF/BGP/MPLS/ISIS on various platforms up to the engineering level
• Cisco expert and Juniper expert
• Working experience with SD-Wan technologies (Silverpeak, Velocloud, Fortinet)
• DMVPN, FlexVPN, IPsec, GRE, L2TP tunneling
• QoS (layer2 and layer3)
• Network security technologies such as Firewalls (Checkpoint, Palo Alto), Load Balancers (F5) & IDS/IPS
• Management of IP networks such as SNMP, Syslog, Telnet/SSH, XML, HTTP and NTP
• Demonstrable experience in turning business requirements into architectural building blocks.
• Demonstrable awareness of the financial impact of strategic/operational decisions and the ability to identify opportunities for cost reductions. Experience working on major international and global accounts.
International travel may be required.
• Planning: Tactical, Strategic: Knowledge of effective planning techniques and ability to contribute to operational (short term), tactical (1-2 years), and strategic (3-5 years) planning in support of the overall business plan.
• Analytical Thinking: Knowledge of techniques and tools that promote effective analysis; ability to determine the root cause of organizational problems and create alternative solutions that resolve these problems.
• Flexibility and Adaptability: Knowledge of successful approaches and techniques for dealing with change; ability to adapt to a changing environment and be comfortable with change.
• Problem – Solving: Knowledge of approaches, tools, and techniques for recognizing, anticipating, and resolving organizational, operational, or process problems; ability to apply knowledge of problem-solving appropriately to diverse situations.
• Continuous Improvement: Knowledge of transformation initiatives to drive fundamental changes, and enhance responsiveness and efficiency to core business practices. Ability to drive cultural changes from best-effort to results-oriented.
• Customer First (Customer Facing): Knowledge of customer interactions, creating a culture of accountability, collaboration, and partnership. Ability to build an environment supporting customer value creation at every level.
• Operational Excellence: Understanding the system-driven processes for consistency and scalability. Ability to re-focus processes and systems from integration activity to maximizing a positive customer impact and anticipating future trends.
If you recognize yourself, do not hesitate to send us your CV in English.
All applications will be treated as strictly confidential.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
License for recruitment for Bulgaria: № 2399 / 15.11.2017.
License for administration and protection of personal data issued: № 432025 / 23.10.2017