Our client operates a top-ranked, global Tier 1 IP network. It connects people across organizations, around the world, and to every application in the cloud.
The Service Desk function & Tier 1 Engineer will provide first-line technical support to GTT’s customers across an international base. The successful candidate will require an aptitude for working with a variety of Information and Communications Technology (ICT) portfolios of products and services, to undertake analysis, diagnosis, and resolution/fulfillment of customer incidents/requests, which may range from straightforward to more complex technical requirements. There is also a range of administration duties within this role.
Internal Departments they will interact with:
NMC, Tier 1,5, Tier 2, Tier 3, Carrier Management.
- Logging all relevant incident/service request details, allocating categorization and prioritization codes.
- Providing first-line investigation and diagnosis using approved tools, systems, and procedures.
- Resolving/fulfilling incidents/service requests that are in scope.
- Technical Escalations – escalating incidents/service requests that cannot be resolved/fulfilled within agreed timescales or are out of Service Desk/1st Line scope, to the next level technical team which may include 3rd Parties or other non-Assurance functions.
- Engaging and arranging external technical and non-technical support where hands and eyes support are required on-site.
- Following up with external technical and non-technical support organizations including 3rd parties until incident/request resolution/fulfillment.
- Managerial Escalations – escalating incidents/service requests that are at risk of failing or have failed agreed SLAs/OLAs, or that are out of scope, which may include 3rd Parties or internal roles (e.g. Service Manager, Account Manager).
- Keeping customers informed of progress.
- Owning incidents/requests from ticket creation to resolution/fulfillment/closure.
- Closing all resolved/fulfilled incidents/requests and other queries.
- Communication with customers – keeping them informed of incident/request progress, notifying them of impending changes or agreed outages, etc.
- Ensure the Configuration Management System (CMS) is maintained/updated.
- Maintain an exceptional level of customer service during any engagements with Customers/3rd Parties/Internal Teams.
- Ensure communication at all times is clear, concise, meaningful, professional, and efficient.
- Provide feedback to the appropriate Line Manager on how the Service Desk (Tier 1 and Escalation Management) and supporting functions can improve.
- Identify the need for Problem Management for reoccurring Incidents/Events.
- Understanding of and familiarity with Customers’ services and solutions.
- Compliance with Service Operations processes (Event Management, Incident Management, Request fulfillment, Change Management, and Problem Management) and associated metrics (SLAs/OLAs/KPIs/other metrics).
- Actively participate as required in meetings (customer, 3rd party, internal).
- Conducting customer satisfaction callbacks/surveys as agreed.
- Coach/guide Junior staff and new starters.
- Act as delegate for Senior staff.
- Act as technical escalation gate for Junior staff.
- Higher First Line Fix/Right First Time than Junior staff.
- Ideal Candidate Profile:
- MS Office – Intermediate (must).
- Awareness of ITSM tools (Siebel, Remedy, ServiceNow, Clarify, HEAT) (must).
- 12+ x months experience in Customer Service/Contact Centre/Help Desk/Service Desk role (must).
- 12+ x months in a process-driven organization (must).
- Experience working in a multi-cultural/international environment (desirable).
- Experience in fault diagnosis/troubleshooting and fulfilling requests (must).
- General ICT industry understanding (must).
- Awareness and understanding of process framework(s) – ITIL Foundation/ITIL Operations (desirable).
- Knowledge and understanding of TCP/IP protocol stack and OSI layering (OSI model).
- Knowledge and understanding of different types of common WAN connections.
- Knowledge and understanding of Transmission networks and technologies: Fibre optics, Colocation, PDH, SDH, ATM, Wavelength, Ethernet, xDSL.
- Understanding of Cisco/Juniper hardware/software – routers/switches.
- Understanding the basic functions of the following protocols: DNS, BGP, DHCP, IPv4 (CIDR), TCP/UDP, VPN, VLANs, HSRP/VRRP.
- Experience with Cisco/Juniper OS on CLI using show commands to troubleshoot issues.
- English – fluent (mandatory).
- Knowledge and understanding of SD WAN and components.
Awareness and understanding of optical technologies.
- Awareness and understanding of Unified Conferencing products (video, Skype for Business).
- Awareness and understanding of Hosting and Security products.
- CE/CPE role understanding.
Other Similar Job Functions:
- Contact Centre
- Service Desk
- 1st Line Support
- High School Degree in IT-related discipline (must).
- BSc/BA Degree in ICT/Telecommunications/Business Administration or similar discipline (either complete or in-progress) (must).
- CCENT knowledge, Network+ or equivalent (complete or in-progress) (must).
- ITIL Foundation (desirable).
- 1. 24/7 Working shifts: 2-day shifts 08:00-20:00 followed by 2-night shifts 20:00-08:00, followed by 4 days off).
Are you ready to take your career to the next level? Send your CV in English!
License for recruitment for Bulgaria: № 2399 / 15.11.2017.
License for administration and protection of personal data issued: № 432025 / 23.10.2017