Top Skills Recruitment is an agency, providing a full range of services in the sphere of HR. We assist Bulgarian and international companies in attracting the most suitable and skillful people for them. Our team consists of professionals with experience in consulting, possessing the skills needed to achieve excellent results.
As an engineer within our client’s team, you will be working on the high performance timeseries database that underpins our data platform. Arctic is used to store timeseries data – such as the price history for a security – at scale, and it enables the research and development of new trading strategies that are critical to our business.
We are looking for a highly motivated, product focused C++ engineer. You will be contributing to a modern C++ codebase, built by experienced timeseries database engineers, as well as engaging with stakeholders across the business to help us develop Arctic into a state-of-the-art database solution.
Your challenges will be varied and will include:
- Development of the core Arctic database, storing >500TB of data today
- Working with users to define and develop analytics capabilities in Arctic
- Working with data at scale, including systems streaming >3bn ticks per day
- Designing and deploying systems to provide production resiliency for Arctic
The Arctic team is a small team comprised of polyglot developers working in highly optimised C++ 17 and Python. Now comprising over 170+ individuals representing eighteen nationalities, Alpha Technology was formed in 2018, bringing together a number of Investment Manager specific teams into a single business entity. Alpha Technology’s purpose is to “create a team, environment and technology platform which promotes the highest level of innovation and agility across all of our investment managers, whilst minimising unnecessary duplication of technology, tools and process.”
Systems are almost all running on Linux and most of our code is in Java, with some Python and TypeScript. They use Kafka as the backbone of the platform, Git for source control, Jenkins for continuous integration, Grafana + Prometheus for metrics collection, Docker for containerization, Ansible for architecture automation, and Slack for internal communication. But their technology list is never static, and constantly evaluate new tools and libraries.
- Excellent C++ skills
- Interest in modern database and storage technologies with a willingness to learn more
- Strong academic record and a degree with high mathematical or computing content e.g. Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering or Physics from a leading university
- Knowledge of Python and experience with modern Python data tools such as Pandas, NumPy and Spark
- An interest in financial markets and instruments
- Experience using modern cloud storage technologies such as S3, Azure Blob Storage
Don’t miss this opportunity! Apply NOW! Send us your CV!
License for recruitment for Bulgaria: No 2399 / 15.11.2017
License for administration and protection of personal data: No 432025 / 23.10.2017