For one of our partners – an international company – we are looking for a Senior Settlements Reconciliation and Accounting Analyst.
- Perform reconciliation of acquiring transactions, ensuring consistency and accuracy between operational merchant activity represented in the system and the accounting and reconciliation financial data
- Identify and investigate discrepancies, variances, or anomalies in accounting and reconciliation data and promptly resolve any issues to maintain data integrity between accounting and operational systems
- Responsible for detailed monthly in-depth analysis of operational system data to map to General Ledger (GL) journal entries after the reconciliations are completed
- Learn, develop, and maintain up to date detailed in-depth knowledge of operating system data transaction types, posting methods, foreign exchange data management, for VISA/Mastercard credit card processing transactions, chargebacks, merchant payments, fee postings and other related merchant financial activity, understand relationship with accounting data to become subject matter expert
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams including operations and bank reconciliation teams to gather necessary information and address reconciliation discrepancies
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with third party system manager to ensure timely receipt of accurate data and resolve any data discrepancies
- Prepare comprehensive reconciliation reports and summaries, highlighting findings and suggesting corrective actions when necessary
- Assist in the development and implementation of process improvements to enhance the efficiency and accuracy of the accounting and reconciliation processes
- Undertake any other tasks and duties required under accounting and reconciliation processes.
- Participate in project work as required
- Stay updated with industry trends, regulatory changes, and best practices related to acquiring and accounting entries and reconciliation processes
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or a related field
- Experience in complex analysis and reconciliation, or a minimum of 5 years of experience in a comparable domain
- Comprehensive experience with complex and different types of operations, reports, systems, and processes and controls.
- Strong analytical, technical data skills, attention to detail and ability to manage, manipulate and analyze large volumes of detailed complex data, by summarizing in an effective manner with a high level of accuracy and understanding inter-relationship between operational data, accounting entries and related reconciliations
- Proficiency in decision-making and problem-solving, with a demonstrated ability to analyze information and predict outcomes to arrive at optimal solutions
- Learning ability and enthusiasm for acquiring new skills, particularly in dealing with complex numerical data, systems, and reports
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written.
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency in Excel
- Hybrid work model
- 25 annual paid leave
- Health insurance
- Sports card
- Team events
- Company discounts
- Standard working hours
- Location near a metro station
If you are interested, please send us your CV in English.
All applications will be treated as strictly confidential and only short-listed candidates will be contacted.